Edit in Excel
Allows editing tables in ArcGIS with Excel.
The “Edit in Excel” tool expands module functional capabilities for table data processing. The tool allows editing ArcGIS attribute tables or standalone tables in Microsoft Excel application.
Following layer properties are supported:
- visible selected features
- definition queries
- field order
- fields visibility
- joined fields (they will be read-only fields in Excel)
- read-only fields (including OID, Shape_Length, Shape_Area)
- field domains
The tool brings the power of Excel to tables editing capabilities in ArcGIS.
Here are some of the available Excel options:
- Data validation
- Filtering data
- Data analysis
- Spell check
- Styles and color schemes
- Data formatting.
- If you edit an attribute table of a feature layer, note that geometry will be empty for new records added.
- If you remove a layer or a table being edited in Excel from ArcMap the link will be lost and edits won't be imported from Excel.
In this video you will find a practical example of using the XTools Pro “Edit with MS Excel” tool.
Calculation of average content of silver at the sampling points and standard deviation values is used to demonstrate selected tool functionality.